Black cop : my 36 years in police work, and my career-ending experiences with official racism / Calvin Lawrence with Miles Howe.
- 10 of 11 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Creston Public Library.
0 current holds with 11 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Creston Public Library||363.2092 LAW (Text)||35140100058158||Adult Non-Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781459414488 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 272 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Publisher: Toronto : James Lorimer & Company, Publishers, 2019.
- Copyright: ©2019.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Throughout his career, Calvin Lawrence experiences hostility and racism within the force - completely contrary to the office values and image of the RCMP. Standing up for his rights gets him blacklisted for advancement, and ultimately leads him to clinical depression arising from workplace hostility and mistreatment. As a seventh-generation Canadian, Lawrence has written a book which lays bare key failures of Canadian police organizations.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Lawrence, Calvin, 1949-
Police > Canada > Biography.
Racism > Canada > Case studies.