The ripping tree / Nikki Gemmell.
Early 1800s. Thomasina Trelora is on her way to the colonies to be married to a clergyman she's never met. A storm wrecks the ship and leaves near death. Saved by an Aboriginal man who leaves her at the door of a grand estate. Tom is now free to be whoever she wants to be and a whole new life opens up to her. But as she's drawn deeper into the intriguing life of this grand estate, she discovers that things aren't quite as they seem. She stumbles across a horrifying secret at the heart of this world of colonial decorum - and realizes she may have exchanged one kind of prison for another.
- ISBN: 9780008511074
- Physical Description: 346 pages ; 23 cm
- Publisher: London : The Borough Press, 2021.
- Copyright: ©2021
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Aboriginal Australians, Treatment of > Fiction.
Families > Fiction.
Secrecy > Fiction.
Shipwreck victims > Fiction.
Australia > History > 1788-1900 > Fiction.
Australia > Colonization > Fiction.
- 2 of 7 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Creston Public Library.
- 1 current hold with 7 total copies.